NSL Competitive Mod
A Natural Selection 2 balance and feature mod used by the ENSL.
The vision of the Natural Selection League (NSL) Competitive Modification (CompMod) is to enable fun, fair and balanced play in a 6 vs 6 environment, while remaining as accessible to new players as possible. To do this the team commits to remaining transparent in all changes, to be open to discussion, feedback and criticism, and above all else, to strive to attain enjoyable play for all members of the competitive community, regardless of skill level.
CompMod utilizes the changes made in ns2_beta.
The included version of ns2_beta is Revision 3, the changes for which can be found here
CompMod 2.7.7 - (12/08/2019)
- It’s back.
CompMod 2.7.6 - (11/08/2019)
- Shotgun pellet size changed to 32mm from 60mm
CompMod 2.7.5 - (10/08/2019)
- Shotgun pellet size changed to 60mm from 66mm.
CompMod 2.7.4 - (09/08/2019)
- Fixed an issue that caused the pellet changes to not be applied correctly.
CompMod 2.7.3 - (09/08/2019)
- Changed build time to 10 seconds from 15 seconds
- Outer ring pellet size changed to 66mm from 16mm
- Cluster Grenades
- Changed Cluster Grenades player damage reduction to 50%
- Deleted carapace.
CompMod 2.7.2 - (09/08/2019)
- Marines now keep the HoT effect even when they’re full HP for the full duration of the Medpack. Medpacks cannot overheal.
- The result is that Marines can take damage after receiving a Medpack and still benefit from the HoT buff, even if they were already healed to full HP.
- Lerk HP changed to 180/25 from 180/30
- Added display for team supply.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fix carapace being shown incorrectly in spectate view.
- Fix mucous hitsounds.
- Fix Vamparism doing friendly fire.
- Fixed that Cluster Grenades were not having the FlameAble multiplier applied.
- Fixed that the commander actions panel would overlap with the supply display on a Marine’s HUD
- Fixed that the scoreboard would sometimes be slow to open.
CompMod 2.7.1 - (01/08/2019)
- Implement ns2_beta rev 3 hotfix
- Fade’s can’t zoom zoom on the floor anymore
CompMod 2.7.0 - (01/08/2019)
- Implement ns2_beta Revision 3
- Weapon Lifetime
- Reduced weapon lifetime to 18 seconds from 25 seconds
- Stepping on a dropped weapon no longer refreshes the weapon timer
- Mucous Membrane
- Added hitsounds for Aliens with mucous
- Removed the flashlight requirement for finish power nodes without a structure in the room